School year (September to June)
Monday – Friday: 2:00 – 8:30 P.M.
Cadet Members (ages 7 to 9): 2:00 – 6:00 P.M.
Junior Members (ages 10 to 12): 2:00 – 7:00 P.M.
Senior Members (ages 13+): 2:00 – 8:30 P.M.
Saturday: Open for members in registered programs ONLY
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old does my child have to be to be a Club member?
- Membership is available for boys and girls ages 7-18.
- How much does a membership cost?
- A membership costs $25 for the school year and lasts from September to the end of the school year. Summer camp participants must register for a summer membership, which is $10.
- My child is a member – what does he/she get for his/her membership?
- Now that your child is a Club member, they are welcome to drop in any day (Mon through Fri after 2:00 p.m.) throughout the school year. Club membership allows them access to the building where they can participate in a number of drop-in activities, such as dodgeball, free swim, homework help, nature programs, air hockey tournaments, art classes, and more!
- Membership also allows your child to sign up for any of our registered programs, which usually require a small additional fee. Some registered programs include Intro to Guitar class, Biddy Basketball league, and America Clicks computer tutoring.
- What days are you open?
- The Club is open Monday through Friday for drop-in and registered programs. We are open on Saturdays for registered programs ONLY (i.e. Biddy Basketball and Swim Team). We are closed on Sundays.
- What about school vacation weeks?
- During school vacation weeks, the Club is open from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. However, we are closed on Presidents Day during February Vacation and Patriot’s Day during April Vacation.
- What about “early release” days?
- On “early release” days, the Club is open from 12:00 to 7:00 p.m. (On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when schools get out early, Club hours will shift to accommodate the changes.)
- Please note that for school vacation weeks, early release, and no school days, the Club follows the schedule of the Watertown School Systems. If your child attends school in another community, please contact the Club to confirm our hours for any days in question.
- What about snow days?
- In the event of snow days, please check our website or Facebook page for updates.
- Does the Club provide snacks?
- In partnership with Stop & Shop on Pleasant Street, we now offer healthy snacks daily! Each member can help themselves to apples, bananas, and oranges.
- There are also coin-operated snack and beverage machines in the Club. The machines only take $1 bills and coins so please provide your child with the appropriate change. Please note that your child should not request money for food from our staff.
- Can my child leave the building?
- The Club maintains an open-door policy. This means that supervision is provided for members INSIDE the Club, and during occassional Club-organized activities both outside and offsite.
- NEW for 2016-2017 School Year: Members ages 7-10 should remain in supervised areas at all times. Members ages 11+ are allowed to leave the Club and re-enter one time per day.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to discuss expectations around staying inside with their child.
- Does my child have to be a member to attend Summer Camp?
- Yes, all campers must also be members of the Club. You can purchase a Summer Membership for $10.
- My child requires additional support due to emotional, physical or intellectual needs – are there services available for him/her?
- Wayside Youth & Family Support Network, a human services non-profit agency that provides family-based outreach, residential treatment programs, and community-based counseling, has partnered with Watertown Boys & Girls Club through their “Choices” program.
- “Choices” is a therapeutic after-school activity program for youth identified by the Department of Mental Health and Social Services as needing support in the areas of physical, social and academic enrichment.
- The program provides youth with structured supports to participate in mainstream Club programs and activities, community service, and skill-building activities.
- To apply for the “Choices” program or to learn more, please contact Danielle Demoss at email@example.com.
- Do you have anything for kids younger than 7?
- You must be 7 years old to attend our drop-in and registered programs. However, we offer swim lessons starting at 6 months old. Please visit our Aquatics page for more information.
- My child is not attending summer camp – what else happens in the summer?
- We offer Camp Hale and Swim Camp during the summer months. The Club is closed for drop-in and registered programs.
- How do I learn about registered programs?
- We have a variety of registered programs that happen throughout the year. These offerings will be posted on our website, on our Facebook page, and in the Club. Registered programs require a sign-up and usually have a fee associated with them.